Wednesday 15 August 2012

ITS ON: Lady Gaga on the feud with Madonna and her 'massive body image issues'

ADY Gaga has revealed slating by one-time hero Madonna and "massive" body image issues have wounded her. In a new blog on her Little Monsters website, Gaga has addressed the drama around her single Born This Way. The song was musically compared to Madonna’s 1989 hit Express Yourself as soon as it was released last year. Madonna called the track “reductive” and sings the chorus of Born This Way during Express Yourself in her new tour to emphasize similarities between the two tracks. "The past year was a challenge, and I’m so happy to have my spirit back. I felt in chains at times,” Gaga wrote. "There was of course the incessant dragging of the most important single of my career in dead-beaten-horse-mud. Then there were all the personal moments. Betrayed by lifelong friends, mentors I’ve had for years suddenly taking advantage of me, and a massive struggles with my body image.” While Gaga did not expand on her body image issues she thanked her fans for their support and noted "I’ve grown and left most of these things behind, the monsters of fame are very real.” The long rumoured Madonna v Gaga feud was confirmed by Elton John in an interview earlier this month. Elton, who is on Team Gaga, told Molly Meldrum of Madonna "She's been horrible to Gaga." Gaga is Godmother to Elton and David Furnish’s son. Last year when asked about Gaga’s Born this Way Madonna sniped "I thought, 'What a wonderful way to redo my song.' I mean, I recognised the chord changes. I thought it was ... interesting." Gaga also hinted the single choices from her Born This Way album were botched, saying her record label “disagreed” with her selections.

No comments:

Post a Comment