Saturday 18 August 2012

Performance For A Good Cause: Beyonce - I Was Here (United Nations World Humanitarian Day Performance)

Beyonce releases her new video for "I Was Here." The clip was filmed earlier this month in front of a live audience at the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York. She told CNN's Anderson Cooper she wanted to leave her mark on the world with this song. "It says, 'I want to leave my footprints in the sands of time. And it basically is all of our dreams, I think. And that’s leaving our mark on the world. I feel like we all want to know that our life meant something. We all have our purpose, and we all have our strengths...it feels so wonderful to do something for someone else. And I think for the U.N. to want to include the whole world was something important, and I feel like that’s what I represent.'" BeyoncĂ© is donating the proceeds of the track to World Humanitarian Day on 19 August,

No comments:

Post a Comment