Monday 22 October 2012

'I'm going to leave all the abusive tweets up on my time line' - How Russell Crowe brought out the haters

YOU'D think that any flak heading Russell Crowe's way would be over the end of his marriage. Not so. The actor, who is currently filming the biblical epic Noah in the US, brought out the haters this weekend after he tweeted his support for Barack Obama in the upcoming presidential election. "Villagers,I don't endorse politicians.Not my thing.However, Obama is the light & the future.Keep going towards the light. Put America first," he wrote. "Complex time for the world. America needs to continue the Global awareness that Obama has set. A healthy America means a healthy planet." Endorsements from Hollywood's leading celebs are nothing new, with Obama counting Beyonce, Ben Affleck, Oprah and Will Smith among his supporters. But Crowe's show of support was too much for some of his followers: "And you've just jumped the shark. Unfollowed." "you think he is the light? You are the dark on my movie screen, tv, twitter & everyone I know. Got your American Citizenship?" "nooooooooooooooo please stay out of politics..I BEG you. Too many actors say things that 1/2 their fans don't agree with." "You have no idea what you just said, do you? Just 100%, Grade A, USDA Choice leftist bulls***. Typical Hollywood clown." "Wow. What an idiot" "You KNOW NOT THAT WHICH YOU SPEAK OF..so please stop" "With all due respect, crawl back in your bottle. America is almost ruined under Obama... 1 in 6 in poverty 47 million on" As abuse goes, the tweets on Crowe's account are at the tamer end of the bearpit but they had Crowe on the defensive. He tweeted soon after: "I'm going to leave all the abusive tweets up on my time line because I think it tells its' own story", and "I'm 48 years old, a tax payer and a union member. I don't care if you don't agree with my opinion, I'm still going to have my opinion." One topic Crowe won't be drawn on is his marriage. Reports emerged last week that Crowe and his wife Danielle Spencer had separated but the couple have yet to make an official statement. Crowe posted an enigmatic tweet last week about missing the "girl from Rose Bay", which is thought to be a reference to Spencer (she lives in the Sydney suburb of Rose Bay), but that's it. Spencer's father, however, told WHO magazine he loved them both and "am naturally sad as any father would be in this situation". Spencer's partner on DWTS, Damian Whitewood, also commented on the reports, denying claims he had an affair with Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment